Questions The DYOJO can help you answer:
How do I start a property restoration company?
You do not have to be a rocket scientist to start a restoration company, but there are unique aspects of this industry that a competent advisor can help you navigate. Our goal at The DYOJO is to help you shorten your DANG learning curve. In property restoration and other service-based industries, opportunities often come at all of the oddest hours of the day or night, testing your commitment to the cause. Identify the opportunities that are best for you and your team. Structure yourself and your team to see, understand and meet the needs, values and opportunities that the market presents.
Read How to Start Your Restoration Company with Pennies
How do I work on property insurance claims?
Some contractors think that the insurance companies are a golden goose. While there is money to be made in work on property insurance claims, there is are unique processes and nuances that you will need to skillfully navigate if you want to achieve your goals. In his first book, Be Intentional: Estimating, author Jon Isaacson outlines many of the mindset and habits that will help owners, managers, estimators, and growth minded professionals to thrive in the world of insurance claim response and repairs.
Read The Mindset and Habits for Claims Estimating Success
How do I improve my claims scoping and estimating?
Perhaps you have started your restoration company but you are struggling to achieve consistent outcomes with your production process. The DYOJO has created several resources that will help owners and managers to achieve clarity, consistency, and accountability within their organizations. Watch our six part video series from The DYOJO Podcast, The Benchmarks of Growth, where we dig into the factors that helped industry veterans persevere through their obstacles and lead their teams through various stages in their company evolution.
Read If You Want to Succeed, Row Together
Professional development resources from The DYOJO
- I am a technician wanting to career growth development
- I am a manager looking for management and leadership skills development
- I am an estimator looking for estimating and project management skills development
- I am an owner looking for process improvement and team development
- I am an adjuster looking for Xactimate and negotiation skills development
The DYOJO Podcast for the skilled trades
Home of The DYOJO Nation. Weekly podcast of The DYOJO Way for Intentional Restorers. Helping property restoration professionals to shorten their DANG learning curve by developing the mindset and habits for achieving their goals. You can watch The DYOJO Podcast on YouTube or listen on your favorite podcast medium including Spotify and iTunes.
Personal development resources from The DYOJO
The DYOJO has published two books to help you achieve your personal and team development goals.
NOW AVAILABLE in Kindle and paperback
- (2021) Be Intentional: Culture by various talented authors discussing real world efforts to elevate workplace culture
- (2020) Be Intentional: Estimating by Jon Isaacson discussing the right mindset and habits for estimating insurance claims
- Check out The DYOJO BLOG for articles written to help you shorten your DANG learning curve as an Intentional Restorer.
PUBLICATIONS from The DYOJO
The DYOJO Way: developing Intentional Restorers at every level:
- Career development for property restoration technicians
- Leadership skills development for property restoration managers
- Estimating and project management best practices for estimators
- Process improvement for property restoration owners
- List of RESTORATION RESOURCES (in alphabetical order)